11.19.2014

BACK TO MY FUTURE

About this same time of year in 2012 I posted about my great love for and dependence upon a Daily Planner.  Not just any Daily Planner, but the Perfect Daily Planner.  That year I had discovered Paperblanks and their lovely line of journals, address books and, yes, planners.

I told the story of spotting a particularly beautiful  Paperblanks Planner and even though it allowed only one page per day, and squished Saturday and Sunday together on a single page, I committed. It would be a bit tight, but I decided I could do everything on a slightly smaller calendar scale.  For example, I could use my teensiest-tiniest handwriting to limit all my notes to the daily allotted one inch  As most girls learn early in Kindergarten, beauty trumps all common sense.

Last month, when I visited the Paperblanks website to order my brains for 2015, I was horrified to discover only six choices of planners.  Six not-very-attractive choices of planners.  Beautiful journals but very plain  planners.  Frankly, my planner sets the tone for my entire year, and I was in deep trouble with this website. 

I continued to search the internet and various shops for a 2015 planner but, as the days wore on, I began to realize I had only one choice.  After all the not-so-nice things I had said about Franklin Planners in 2012, I would have to crawl back to them and beg to be forgiven.  And, damn--I hate to do that.

However, minutes after creeping into franklinplanner.com which instantaneously turned into franklinplanner.fcorgp.com (the shopping area--these people are straight to the point) I came across a lovely Italian leather cover on sale for half-price.  Well, they had me there and, as you could guess, I'm ensconced quite comfortably with Franklin once again.  I'm back with two-pages per day; a schedule for my schedules; pages for goals, values, mission and finances...It's truly me.  I love nothing more than delaying a project just one more day by taking one final opportunity to re-plan it, and Franklin?  It provides all the tools I need.

Yes, 2015, has all the makings of another successful year indeed.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment