2.12.2015

SEVENTY

I grew up in an era when 70 was not the new 60.
70 simply meant you were damned old.
And feeble.
And forgetful.
And just the slightest bit irritating.

But not everyone reaches 70.
I know several classmates who didn't.
I'm one of the lucky ones.
I will, in all probability, awaken to see the sun rise tomorrow.
I hope I pay attention.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     .                                                                                                                        

1 comment: